Game-Info Fact Sheet
A Mechanical Story is a physics based contraption game which focuses on real time game play. Your mission is easy; help Mr Mechanic fix his newly found friend by placing the correct parts in the correct places. Simple! ...Except you have to place these missing parts in the correct order... at the right time... and without removing any parts during the level for that chance of a higher score to brag about..
So what's so different about "A Mechanical Story"? Well, to put it simply, it's a game where "mechanical contraption" meets "real time game-play". Okay that was a bit too brief, let's go into a bit more detail. If you are familiar with mechanical contraption games, we would assume that you are familiar with the game mechanics:
- Put the parts in place.
- Press the simulate button.
- Watch as the level clears or redo it if you failed miserably.
The entire puzzle solving process is done by the player before running the simulation. They will only know if they were successful in clearing the level after they run the simulation. No further modification can be done to the level when this happens.
Now what if we were to get rid of the simulate button and concentrate on real time game-play? For one, any parts that are placed into the game world would instantly become part of that world. You could effectively fix or break the level at the placement of a part. This would mean that you must be careful of what you put in, when you put it in and in what order you choose to do so.
To sum it up, with the element of real time interaction involved, consideration for the timing of the placement of a part or dealing with a specific obstacle before being able to progress further becomes part of the challenge of the game. This is exactly what "A Mechanical Story" is.
- 48 carefully crafted levels,
- Divided into 4 different chapters with a different colour themes.
- Multi-layered, animated parallax backgrounds for that multi dimentional feel.
- Interactive tutorials to give you a helping hand throughout the game!
- Are you a casual gamer? No sweat! The star system is implemented just for you!
- Oh, you're more of a puzzle fanatic? Don't worry! Try clearing levels without removing any parts for that sense of satisfaction!
- You're a social gamer? Good! You can invite and compete with your Facebook friends!
- Also competitive? No problem! You can use Game Center and show the world who is the best mechanic!
- Release Date : November/ 05/ 2014
- Platforms : Ipod touch, Ipad, Iphone
- Game Icon: Download icon
- iTunes Link : link
- Price : Free!
- Contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook page
- Official Website : www.amechanicalstory.com
- Company Website : www.skyfishstudios.com
- Company Bio: Skyfish Studios is a small game company from Cardiff - South Wales. It was founded by three individuals on 16th of June 2014. "A Mechanical Story" is the first collaboration between creators Mel Wah, Lucy White-Lewis and Yucel Karamanli.
We started the development of the game almost a year ago and continue developing while Yucel was working full time in a restaurant (secretly coding the game while his boss was looking away) and while Lucy and Mel were fighting their way out of the final year of their university.
We often met in a small café in town which we are happy to call our office (Thanks Pipi's!). As we neared to the end of the development of A Mechanical Story, we decided to open a company and this is how Skyfish Studios was born. Our company aim is simple and yet challenging to achieve: ‘We want to make games that are fun to play!’”